Sunday, September 26, 2010

Munich: September 23rd- 25th 2010

I just returned from Munich yesterday and had an incredible weekend seeing the city. The first we thing we did when we got to Munich was grab some breakfast at the airport.

We then took a tour to Dachau, the site of the first concentration camp. It definitely was not a happy experience, but it was a very worthwhile to see such a huge part of history. I learned a lot from our tour guide that day. He was very passionate about everything he told us about.
Thursday night we checked into our hotel, The Exquiste, and continued to the Hofbräuhaus which is a famous brewery in Munich and had my first stein of beer of the weekend. What I learned is that generally when you ask for a stein it comes with half beer and half foam.

Friday we got an early start and headed to the tents at Oktoberfest. We went to the Hofbräu tent and spent the majority of the day and afternoon at that tent. For lunch I had a giant pretzen (pretzel). I loved Munich because there were so many pretzels to eat there! It was so fun to meet up with all my friends who are studying all over for Oktoberfest and meet many other people from all over the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment